Do you struggle with a seemingly endless to-do list? I definitely do! As a work-at-home, homeschooling mom of three with no household help (call me crazy, maybe?!), I always feel like there’s “so much to do, so little time!”
Actually, I think most, if not all, of us have the same problem. Whether you are an executive, a stay-at-home/work-at-home mom or a start-up business owner, we all have at least one thing in common – an overwhelming to-do list!
Take mine, for example: Write/edit articles, pay the bills, do the groceries, de-clutter/clean the house, teach the kids, arrange for the deliveries of certain items to my mom’s place, etc. etc. It can go on and on (and on and on!), I tell ya!
It’s a great blessing, then, to know that there are resources like Tasktics to help keep
overwhelmed busy people like me sane!
What is Tasktics?
Tasktics is an online service that helps you find the help you need — just by creating your own account, making a few clicks and typing in a few details!
Here’s how it works:
1. You sign up for an account (it’s FREE!). You can be a Task Provider or a “SuperPin.” A SuperPin, or SuperPinoy, is the term given to the trustworthy, skilled Pinoys who are capable of doing tasks or errands for you.
Since I signed up as a Task Provider, I’ll share with you how my experience as one goes. (If you want to join as a SuperPin, there’s a somewhat different process, with community and background checks. This is an added “security layer” provided by Tasktics.com.)
My Tasktics profile
2. You post a task. (I posted one for “Babysitting” on a day that I had urgent deadlines!) Fill in all the details needed, and indicate how much you are willing to pay for the task.
Here’s a screenshot of the categories of the tasks that can be posted:
3. You wait for SuperPins to bid on your task, then select and assign one to do it.
4. Once you have selected the SuperPin, provide him/her with more details as needed. (For example, I had to give directions on how to commute to our home via text to Lecel Calipus, the SuperPin assigned to me.)
5. The SuperPin does the assigned task.
6. When the SuperPin has completed the task, log in to your Tasktics account and reconfirm the “closing” of the task. Payment for the task done will then be released via PayPal. You can also post a “review” of the SuperPin assigned to you and send him/her a message.
My Tasktics.com Experience
While I can’t speak for all the SuperPins who may bid for your tasks, I must say that the one I got — Lecel, as I previously mentioned — did a great job in babysitting the kids. My two girls especially enjoyed playing with her while Mama was getting work done. Lecel also didn’t mind helping me do a few light household chores.
Overall, I’d say using Tasktics as a service provider was a good experience, and I’d definitely use it again if needed.
“Is it safe?” you may ask. Yes, because all SuperPins have to undergo a screening process before they’re allowed to open an account.
Tasktics.com also takes pride in implementing an additional layer of background checks and interviews on all its registered Super Pins. This helps ensure people like you and me get matched with someone to relieve us of our worries — and not add to them.
Also, I personally got to talk to a few of the Tasktics team members, and they told me that they’re actually coordinating with a team from Gawad Kalinga (GK) because they want to provide job opportunities for those living in GK sites. This is because Tasktics.com aims to help “empower able and willing marginalized Filipinos to achieve a better life, in its own little way, a task at a time.”
In fact, the majority of the Super Pins are members of trusted organizations within their communities who have passed the careful assessment of the Tasktics.com team. So it’s actually a win-win situation for both the task providers and the SuperPins!
Unique Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas c/o Tasktics
Since Valentine’s Day is coming up soon, I thought I’d do a round-up of unique gift suggestions, inspired by my Tasktics experience:
1. Get a SuperPin to run an errand for someone you love. E.g. Pay the bills for your mom.
2. Get a SuperPin to deliver a special homemade/handmade surprise to your spouse — be as creative as you want to be!
3. If you don’t have a yaya/helper (like me!), get a SuperPin to babysit for you so that you and your spouse can go for a long overdue date — your gift to yourselves!
4. Get a SuperPin to clean your mother-in-law’s house — I’m sure she’ll appreciate the kind gesture! (I actually tried to do this, but there was a conflict in schedule! )
(Hmmm… can you think of any more ideas? Share them with me in the comments! Oh, and if you’ve tried using Tasktics before, do leave a comment, too, and let me know how you found it!)
For more information on using Tasktics’ reliable and fast help-providing services, visit www.tasktics.com and register for a free account. You can “Like” them on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/TaskticsOfficial), and also follow Tasktics on Instagram@taskticsofficial. Thanks again to Tasktics.com for letting me experience their services, and for the one day that I actually got work done while the kids were awake!